Music Theory and Composition
The field of study MUSIC THEORY / COMPOSITION includes a basic study course with 4 years (8 semesters) as the first stage of study also includes those compulsory subjects that are largely identical to those of the courses of artistic training in instruments or singing (diploma) as well as pedagogical training (instrumental and vocal pedagogy). After the first module, a transfer check is planned.
II. Modules: COMPOSITION This includes 2 years (4 semesters) and ends with the conclusion
"DIPLOMPRISE FROM COMPOSITION"
Educational goals: To impart the necessary knowledge and skills that enable the independent creation of music. Acquisition of the basic musical and theoretical knowledge necessary for the professional training of a composer: The teaching of the basic musical and theoretical knowledge required for a general musical education. (Applies to all students who do not choose composition as major subject). Transfer exam or final exam "Music Theory" A. Theoretical test: Theorem: What are contrapuntal forms, what are homophonic forms. What to pay attention to with altered chords? What types of modulations exist? What is their respective characteristic? Development of music theory: music theory in the Greeks, formation of polyphony, the modal epoch and its fundamentals of musical theory, introduction of the major-minor system. Resolution of the seventh tonality, the chromatic. Writing a concert review: A piece of music is played. It is a critic to write about three A4 pages.
B) Practical / theoretical examination:
1. It is a two-part canon to write about a given topic. The theme has to consist of at least two bars. Furthermore, a short theme should be a two-part invention of at least 14 bars and a few variations on a given theme of at least 4 bars, with at least a three and a further four voices must be set.
2. Incorrect sentence teaching tasks are to be improved and the errors verbally explained.
3. Semi-finished examples of difficult sound progressions must be completed.
4. It is a tune to harmonize four voices II. Modules V. and VI. Year (9th to 12th semester): Requirements for certified final examination (composition):
1. There shall be submitted to the following types of compositions that were written during the study: dance forms / Gavotte, Minuet, waltz etc., variations, rondo, sonata form, fugue (for various occupations instrumented), a major choral work for mixed choir.
2nd written exam (maximum 3 hours). Design of a three-part joint exposition on a given topic.
3. Oral examination before a commission: Questions from the entire subject area of the tone set as well as from the history of music theory have to be answered. On the piano, a predetermined melody is to be harmonized, as well as a modulation and a basso continuo.
4. A public concert is to be played with own works. The certified final exam has to be taken in two parts, namely an internal and a committee public examination